Christmas Eve! Look how exciting it was to change that number to "ONE"!!!
In their pj's on Christmas Eve night. Micah was headed to bed first....
....then we placed the cookies and milk for Santa. There was also some reindeer food (granola and glitter) out on the back patio, along with some carrots. Isaac didn't want to leave the carrots with the cookies "because the reindeer should not come inside."
Off to bed to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas! This was a tradition that MY dad did with my sister and I. Grandpa Dean sent that book 2 years ago. Its his voice reading the book!
Isaac and Micah's new stockings
Christmas morning!!! Sitting next to the gifts Santa left! Santa only leaves one gift per child. (and this is the first year we even did the Santa thing. Isaac has been too terrified in years past, and still won't go get pictures or anything.)
We had a home-made gifts year! My mom kidnapped Isaac one afternoon (while I went shopping so it was perfect!) and she had Isaac make this Christmas apron for me! I love it!
Isaac's idea for Micah was to pass his 2 blankets on down to him. I was so amazed at that sweet gesture, so I surprised Isaac and made him 2 more.
It was a SuperHero and Marvel year at our house! Here is Isaac shooting his "webs". (That gorgeous sweater is made by our dear English friend and neighbor, Lorraine. She made a sweater for each boy. Gorgeous!)
Here's to you Buddy and Sophie! Isaac is so impressed that you two knew he'd always needed a mask! He loves it!
I took 2 king sized sheets (that I already had in my house) and I made a teepee for Isaac, with Dan's help. We tell Isaac stories every night and we had created a new Super Hero named Isaac the Arrow. His weapon is a bow and arrow and he rescues people from dangerous and wild animals. So, he also needed his very own cape!
(He ran up and down the street with this on today. Haha!)
After a wonderful dinner at our Florida family's home, we were pooped! It was another great Christmas.
Day after Christmas? Typical....Captain America is playing with the baby toys while the baby just has to sit outside and watch.
Just LOVE the pics....and notes! Teepee was an awesome idea! You have such a beautiful family!!! Thanks for keeping up the blog....great to keep in touch this way!!! Hugs to you all! SOOOOO glad I got to see at least 3 of you this year!!! Keep in touch!
ReplyDelete