Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2013 happenings

Whoa!  So much has been happening this year already!!!  First of all, this happened in December of 2012, but Dan graduated!!!!  He earned his BA in Business Management and I threw a graduation party for him at our house the weekend after Christmas.  It was a great turnout and we had a blast.  I asked that he wear these "geek" glasses since he is now so much smarter.  :)

The rest of the pics I'm posting are just some of my favorite from the past month.  This one is a pic I was taking for my friend, Lorraine.  She made these sweaters for the boys as Christmas gifts and I had to prove how adorable they are.
 
Micah and Isaac finally got to wear a hat one morning!  It was cold enough!  (ONE morning.  Thats it.  It was a short-lived cold front.)
 
*Seriously cute.*
 
This past weekend we went with some friends out to the sticks in Myakka.  The men all shot various guns at targets and clay pigeons.  We decided to let Isaac try a pellet gun.  I promise...nothing more than that at his age.  Much to his disappointment.

 
Once he realized there were cars for HIM to drive, he lost interest in any gun shooting!  The race was on!  When you live on 11 acres of land, its AWESOME for little kids.
 
Isaac told me the next morning the following:  "Mama.  Its ok with me if we move.  I think we could go get a big yard and buy a shed.  That way you can park in the garage, and I can have my own truck or dune racer.  Its really ok with me."  As he nods.  Hmmmm.  Wonder how long he thought that through the night before!?  HA!
 
Gorgeous day and gorgeous land with a gorgeous sunset.

 
Micah's favorite trick is "SO BIG!".  His little arms go up all the time these days!
 
Big news!!!  Welcome to the world little nephew!!!  On Feb 6th we welcomed this little man to our family.  Bennett Leland Richards was born to Jeff and Stephanie at 8 am.  He was BIG!  8 lbs 7 oz!  He is perfect and wonderful and Steph was a trooper and everyone is home and happy.  We can't wait to meet him in person one day.  We're so happy for them and know this little guy was born blessed with awesome parents.  (And 2 big dogs as brothers!)
 
The story with Micah....he's had FIVE ear infections in 2 months!  Enough is enough!  We can't wait to put an end to these and the high fevers that come along side.  Sunday was another sad day of sleeping on mommy.  I love the snuggles, but not for the reasons behind it. 
More to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment