Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Seattle - Week 2!

I needed to fit in as many people as possible in to a very short amount of time.  You see, not only did we move away and have a couple of kids, my friends have all led their own lives, too, and I needed to meet their families, kids, and get caught up!  Facebook is a wonderful thing....but nothing beats a good face to face meeting.  First stop was my friend Dustin's house.  He has a BROOD of kids and a beautiful wife.  Here are his two girls loving on the baby.  (thats what girls do!)

Then I met one of my oldest and dearest friends at Greenlake.  We met in pre-school and Erika and I were best friends all the way through school.  Greenlake was somewhere we used to love and go...so Isaac played on the playground while we chatted and drank coffee.  Doesn't she look great!?
 
The next day, I packed up our luggage and my boys and we drove out to my friends Marcia and Kori's place!  They live in Quelcene now (I had never been there, nor heard of it).  It requires a ferry ride, which Isaac thought was about the COOLEST thing ever!  It was cold, foggy, and rainy.  For the 2 days we were there!
 
Isaac on the ferry:  He said he was watching for whales and alligators!  (He also thought Lake Washington had alligators and snakes and it took convincing that they aren't in Washington.)
 
Marcia and Kori have been here a few times to visit (to Florida) and know we don't have "hills" let alone mountains.  They planned to take us to a waterfall by their house.  Isaac thought hiking was a blast!  And the waterfall was something straight out of a tv.
 
Mom of the Year Award!  Yes...I climbed around on giant, sharp, nasty boulder/rocks with my 3 month old in a Baby Bjorn!  Crazy!  I was very careful and went very slowly because I was horrified of a fall and skull cracks in the middle of absolutely nowhere!  But I love the picture.  :)
 
Isaac's first crab on a beach you can't swim in!
 Starfish!  Another opportunity to feel like a Northwesterner....sweatshirt, jeans, sneakers, on the beach, in August.  Yup.
 
We spent the next day with Marcia in Port Townsend.  Its a charming little town and was fun to walk around.  This is also a good chance to explain our nickname for Micah the whole trip.
 
FLAT STANLEY.  Do you all know about that Flat Stanley character that kids in school are always taking pictures with and then doing projects with?  You cut out a paper doll, named "flat stanley", take him with you, put him in your pics, and then report to the class on where he's been.  Micah was our very own Flat Stanley!  We just wheeled him in to all our photos.  Go back and look...its pretty funny.  I just had to prove he was with us!
 
Marcia and I met at work when I was in Totem Lake.  We worked with Tracie, who is still a great friend of mine.  She is my friend who makes my boys their awesome home made calendars (then turn in to Scrapbooks for the 1st year) gifts.  Well - the 3 of us used to go out after work sometimes for margaritas and mexican food.  It was a must that we work this in to the schedule!  Here is Tracie "baby whispering".

Group shot at Azteca!  I miss those girls!
 
To be continued......need new post!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment