Total Pageviews

Friday, August 24, 2012

Isaac's Shark Party!

For Isaac's 4th birthday we were going to be in Seattle.  When Isaac realized this he begged for a "Florida party" with his closest friends.  How could I say no to that?  So I let him pick the theme for a pool party (since I really didn't want a party at our house with us packing to leave!)....he couldn't decide between a Shark theme, or a Monster Truck theme, so I picked Sharks for Florida and Monster Trucks for Seattle (pics of that party and our trip to follow.)
 
I love this!  I found this idea on the internet and it was SO fun!  It only took 20 minutes to make, but took me nearly 45 minutes to clean up!!!!
 


As you know by now, Dan's rule is that he makes Isaac's birthday cakes each year.  (He'll do this for Micah, too, of course.)  After much discussion and planning with Isaac, they both decided that cupcakes would be easier and fun.  I saw this idea on the internet, too, but Dan took his own spin on it.  He made the blue frosting to look like water and dyed fondant black.  Then he MADE a metal (cookie) cutter in the shape of a shark fin and then stuck each one on top the cupcakes.  How cute are these!?  (the can of Olives were for the shark's eyes...not part of the cupcakes!  lol)

 
Isaac was so excited to have the party at our community pool.  We rented out the bbq and fired up some food and had ourselves a picnic.  It was a great day for it!
 
The kids table.  Each kiddo got a shark water bottle filled with candy.
 
Happy boy!  Such a fun day with our Florida friends and family!!!!  This is one lucky little dude.

Then?  Well, we returned from our trip to Seattle just in time for......SHARK WEEK!!!  This t-shirt and DVD of Shark Week was waiting for him from his Dean grandparents.  :)
HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY TO OUR LITTLE MAN!  WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND ARE SO PROUD OF YOU, ISAAC.  YOU ARE GROWING SOOOOOO FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment