My friend Heather and I grew up together. Her dad and my dad are Frat Bros and that sort of makes all the Frat Bros kids like "Frat Siblings" of mine. So I guess you could say, Heather is like a "frat" sister. (Not a Sor Sis...a Frat Sis. Yup. Made it up.) Anyway....Heather has had a little boy since we saw eachother last, too! She lives in Oregon and was nice enough to drive up to Seattle to spend half a day with us, and treat us to lunch at the Seattle Tennis Club! Her little guy is named Dean! (I pretend its after me, not his grandpa. Heehee) Dean is 2 1/2 and almost the same size as Isaac!
On Lake Washington! Isaac made sure there weren't any alligators, sharks, or water snakes before he went swimming. Good boy.
Picnic lunch! (See Flat Stanley back there!?)
Such a nice time - although like every moment there - went WAY too fast and just didn't seem like enough time! Fun to have a photo of us and our boys, though.
After all that fun and playing...we did some more! We met up with another long time friend of mine, Angela! Ang and I not only went to elementary school together, but we swam on the same swim team together, too. The last time I had seen her, that gorgeous little girl was in her belly. And its hard to make out, but that little guy behind Isaac and Gianna is her son, Makai!
Let me just make this clear.....it was AMAZING to go back home to Seattle and see all of my friends. What was even neater for me? To meet their kids, too. And not just see pictures on Facebook, but actually see them in person. I'm proud of how all of my friends have become such amazing people of character, and wonderful parents! I didn't meet a single child that wasn't well behaved and sweet! Good going friends!!!!
After all that playing....this is a MUST! Man...I sure wish we had this here in Florida! (Along with Taco Time and Burgermaster!)
The last 4 nights of our trip we stayed with Kat. Aunty Kat is so much fun! Isaac learned a LOT of things from her, like slang words, dance moves, soccer terms, songs, and some other things I can't quite understand? I know these two (and I'm sure Micah, too, one day) will be bonded for life. This teepee was Kat's when she was little. :)
Kat and I took a day just to ride around in my old stomping grounds and have some fun! We spent a couple hours at Country Village (which was a blast!), ate at Burgermaster (had to have onion rings and a malt!), and then went to the Taste of Edmunds to see old friends from school and see my buddy in concert. Here is Isaac with the hydroplane he didn't get to see up close on SeaFair.
What fun is it unless you get your face painted? Notice he's wearing a Superman shirt, but asked for a Spiderman "tattoo". He was just covering the SuperHero basis.
My friend Blake (yes Blake Lewis won 2nd place on American Idol a few years ago) and I try to meet up when he's in Florida or anywhere in the same city. We've seen him a couple times here, and I have a picture of him holding Isaac when we went out for dinner when Isaac was 3 months old. Here we are again, 4 years later, and Micah is exactly 3 months old. Funny timing. Blake put on an awesome show, as always. And I had so much fun seeing some of the old singing buddies of mine, there, too. (Shout out to Keith and Jesse!)
Then it was MY family day!!!! This is my cousin Amy, who had Sam, in June! So here we are with our babies! Cousins holding cousins! (I love that Sam looks like he's cracking up laughing instead of screaming crying!)
This is cousin Trevor! (He's my cousin Chris' son) Isaac LOVES him. Who doesn't love a guy who will line up cars?
After the morning at my Aunt Kathy's and Uncle Phil's...we drove out to my cousin's house. Scott and Carol, Ashley and Amanda....we had a BLAST! This pony is now "Isaac's" pony! Carol told him the pony was his, in Seattle, so he could tell all of his friends he has a pony. He rode her around and she is pregnant, so she kept stopping to eat! You go, mama. We can't wait to see your baby!
Amanda on the left, Ashley on the right. There are no words to describe how much I love these girls. They were my pride and joy when they were born and I had such a weird feeling seeing them holding MY babies! I wish we could get together way more than we do - just miss them a ton!
Fam shot! From left: Aunt Kathy, Uncle Phil, my mom, Ash, Isaac on his pony, Amanda, Carol, Scott, and Micah. :)
I have to share about Scott here: Isaac loves people...but after 2 weeks of meeting somebody new every few hours, he would say he was getting "nervous" to meet another adult. He got through it so well, and always hugged and loved each person as we said "goodbye". But this was crazy!
We pulled up to Scott and Carol's house and he jumped out and RAN in to Scott's arms. Scott picked him up, Isaac burried his head in Scott's neck and neither one of them let go for a long time! Then Isaac wanted Scott the entire time we were there. (I'm getting choked up and crying as I type this...here's why.) My sister, Misty (who passed away a long time ago now) just LOVED Scott. I have so many pictures of them together. Then, Scott's mom, Nancy, was my beloved Aunty Nancy....like a second mom to me. She passed away before Isaac was born and I always think about how much I wish she knew him. Well, it was so odd that Isaac felt this unbelievable connection to Scott. I even asked Isaac if he knew Scott (which they had never met, nor skyped, etc..) and he very clearly stated, "yes". So I guess they are kindred spirits. That made me very happy and melted my heart, a lot. Thanks Scott - we love you!
Well...it was very sad to say "goodbye" to our family. It was amazing to see everyone and spend time with you! We just loved our trip so much! I'm sorry its SUCH a long way to travel to see eachother....maybe soon it won't be such a long travel day. Until then....thank goodness for cameras and computers! Love you all!
(WHEW! DONE!)

No comments:
Post a Comment