Isaac's Room:
Isaac was pretty envious that we were picking paint colors for the baby's room. It was our first sibling rivalry and I'm not dumb enough to think it will be the last. I didn't want to paint Isaac's room AT ALL! But he just kepts saying, "Pleeeeeeeeeaaase? Can't I have a bright blue room!?" I had made a big deal about how he was going to have a "big boy" room and get to pick out his new sheets, etc, so we decided to go all out and gave him the paint wheel from Sherwin Williams. Here's what he picked! And he designed the whole room himself! This is called "Major Blue". Ya think?!! And he found the bed set at Target, and again, painted those canvases for his art work.
The funniest part was his ideas of just WHAT and WHERE things had to go. For instance, the collage pictures I made of his friends and our family, his John Deere calendar, (just under the light switch so he knows what day it is every morning when he leaves), and his maps. Yes, he says every TRUE explorer and adventurer needs maps, so he has them hanging on the wall behind his door, in "secret". Wouldn't want anyone to know where he was going!
Best part about it? He LOVES it. Truly loves it. And I am now not fighting with him at all about naps anymore, because he's happy to have his "quiet time" in here every day. Happy mama, happy house, right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment