Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Birthday of Micah Thomas

Here are the details of Micah Thomas Richards' Birthday!  (minus the gory parts)

Here I am getting prepped for surgery.  Yes, I had to have a C-Section.  If you don't have to have one, don't.  Thats all I'm gonna say about that.  But it gets the baby out when its necessary.  Dan took the "last belly picture" here.

Dr. Richards:  Second time around makes him a professional!

This was what Micah came out looking and sounding like.  I couldn't see him, but thankfully Dan got this shot because I could HEAR how seriously ANGRY he was!  He had been physically PUSHED out of me by that man to the left and was over it.  And he let him know!  I was proud listening to him tell those doctors off - cause I wanted to, too!  This is my favorite picture!!

After they took Micah out to recovery, Dan was able to hold Micah and rock him in a rocking chair until I got there.
 Here I am in recovery, holding Micah for the first time.
 Once we made it to our room, my mom and the McCaffery's came to the hospital with Isaac.  This is Isaac meeting Micah for the first time.
 After about 30 or 40 minutes, and everyone ELSE had Micah and gifts were given to Isaac, my little man Isaac decided to climb up on my bed and grab my hair (thats his thing) and he whispers in my ear, "Mama, I'm so happy Micah is here.  I think I need to cry."  So I told him to go ahead and he burried his head in my shoulder and started bawling!  He was so overcome with emotion and was so happy he literally lost it.  Well, obviously that made me start to cry, and then everyone else started to cry, too.
 He wanted to hold Micah again, so we gave Micah to Isaac and he just cried over his baby brothers head and kept kissing him and telling him he loved him.  It was one of the most amazing and powerful moments I've had in my life.  I was so proud of Isaac, so amazed by his heart, and touched that there would be THAT much love in my house from that day on.
 Here is our first family family photo after the tears were over.
 After everyone left, the nurses and Dan took Micah to the nursery to get washed and measured, etc.  Here is the grossest and most insane thing ever:  See that giant device HANGING off of his belly button??  That is a GPS monitoring device!  It was heavy and pulled on his healing little belly button the whole time.  It made me sick!  I guess they didn't like them on the ankles before?  What is wrong with our world?  Sorry - I just hated it.
 Isaac came to visit mama and brother the next day.  More holding practice.
 Proud Isaac getting ready to help me walk the floor.  He thought he was walking Micah, really he was walking me.  HA!
 Some good old fashion skin on skin contact!  SOS!!!  These are my favorite pictures of the brothers so far.  Micah actually SMILES when Isaac is snuggling him.  I really hope this keeps up!
 Micah all dressed and ready for the car ride home!
 (And I'm dressed, finally! and ready for the car ride home, too!)
 Welcome HOME, Micah!  First thing?  Yes, big brother needs to hold you!  Look at that proud face on Isaac!  We're on day 6 and the look on Isaac's face is still there each time he holds him.  I love these 2 boys so much! 
Things are going well!  Micah has a great temperment, Isaac seems to be taking his new role on very well.  I'm healing, and Dan is in heaven with two boys at home!  Dan goes back to work this Saturday so I'm sure that will be another little adjustment for Isaac and I, but so far, we're doing great!  Thankful that Micah is so healthy and doing so well, and honored that I've been given these 2 little boys to raise in to wonderful men. 

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are just awesome....made me cry to hear of Isaac's tears. What a beautiful family you have. So very fortunate!!! Thank you for posting all these!!! Hugs to you all!
    Bob/Beth Ludwig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I just bawled at the story of Isaac crying with joy!!! What an incredible little guy!!! Tender heart, big, big love!!! Wow. What a sweet relationship those boys will have. You guys have done some major things right! Great job mama and Daddy! Oh my, It's going to take me a while to recover from that sweet story! Congratulations all around. Love to all, Heather

    ReplyDelete