Dan had an unexpected out of town job last week and, by chance, the babies I watch were also out of town. All alone, I sent an email to my dad and Peggy complaining, "if I had only known..."
About an hour later I got a call from Peggy asking me if Isaac and I would come if they got us a ticket! REALLY?! I had to be convinced that I could pack and prepare for a trip on short notice because I'm not one who is typically spontaneous...but the next morning we were off to Vevay, Indiana! Isaac was thrilled to be in an "owpane" "way up high in the sky". He was GREAT! He slept most of the way there and was very well behaved. Phew!
It had been a year since we'd last seen dad and Peggy so we were very excited. Also, I was excited to see their home and that part of the country. We were in Kentucky and Indiana, on the Ohio River. Here are my favorite shots.
In Kentucky, driving to Indiana
Isaac finding Grandpa's toys in the garage!
Grandpa's tractor rides
First steps in the snow. Not so sure.
This is looking up to their house from the riverside. Quite a hike to go up and down, especially in that much snow, carrying a kid. ;)
Grandpa reads: Grover's Bad-Awful Day
Feeding the birds: Peanut Butter on English Muffins, cover with birdseed. Entertainment for an hour (or less depending on how many birds)
Our first family snowman
My dad added hair, which was a nice touch, I thought
The Schenck Mansion. Now a B & B.
"I want one! I want one!"
One of the bridges crossing the river
I loved all the small towns. Each town was founded in the early 1800's and have kept that old-time appearance and charm.
Isaac really liked the snow when he realized he could eat it!
GREAT SHOTS.... It is beautiful...love Isaac's yellow boots!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks to telling us about it... Skip and Susan
Great pics Em!! Looks like you guys had fun in the snow!!
ReplyDelete~Auntie Steph