Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Four Friends

Over the past month or so, Dan and I have been struggling with the thought that maybe I should return to work (out of the house, of course!). Money is tight, like everyone, and Isaac is old enough to do okay with daycare, etc....Well, you all know that daycare is very expensive, and in order for me to go back to work and make more money than I do staying home and having one other baby, I'd have to find one heck of a job! I got a couple of good calls, and even went on two interviews, but the numbers just didn't add up. Plus, the benefit of staying home and teaching my own child the "ways of the world" are very important to both us.

So? As things would turn out I got a call from a family on our street asking if I would be interested in watching thier 18 month old part time during the week! AND, our old friend Caleb needed a babysitter too, as needed! Thats FOUR 1 year olds to juggle each week! I'm able to have only 3 each day, never 4 at once, which is why I'm still staying as sane as possible. But here are some pics of my four little toddlers. They are growing so fast!

This is Madisyn: The Class Clown. 21 months. Madisyn has been coming over to our house for almost a year now! She and Isaac act like true brother and sister. They love to give hugs and kisses, but love to fight and fuss at eachother, too. Here she is with a swim diaper on her head. (No, I didn't help her to do this.)
Isaac: The Explorer: 18 months. Anything dirty, or disgusting, or remotely new must be inspected and then held on to, with the hopes of it coming inside.

My duo - on an "adventure" one late morning.


Meet Mallory: The Engineer. 18 months. Mallory is adorable and sweet, and quiet, and somewhat serious. She spends most of her time studying how other people are being, and how toys operate. Her parents are almost positive she'll be some type of engineer.

Isaac and Mallory are almost the same size, same coloring, etc....
3 stooges. Impossible to get a pic of them sitting still and smiling. Isaac and Madisyn are goofs all the time, and Mallory is busy observing it all. I love them, though. These capture their individuality.

Remember Caleb? The Busy Bee. 18 months. He moves just as much now as he did when he was 12 months. This little guy just won't stop! So much energy, and although I can't figure out what he's trying to get accomplished all the time, he's very driven by his thoughts!


4 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! S0 grateful that you get to stay home! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Congrats on the new addition to your crew :) And I'm so glad Isaac gets to have such great buddies to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pics! I have saved most of them! What a beautiful grandson I have!

    Love,

    Grandpa Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, looks like you are having lots of fun watching the kids and Isaac loves it too! How fun!

    ReplyDelete