Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Our Sandbox ROCKS!

Our weekend was packed with outdoor fun! Dan and I had plans of building Isaac a sandbox in the back yard - so for the past few weeks Dan saved up some extras from jobs, like wood, sand, etc....Here's how it started.


We had a total of 9 bags!
This is the weather sealant area!

Here's Isaac telling Dan that he thinks it should be one set of 2x4's higher.
Now the frame is built and in place in the backyard. Dan put two levels of plastic underneath, wrapped it up and around, then nailed toungue-and-groove board around the plastic, cut the plastic so you can't see it.......
...and here is the most beautiful sandbox ever!
BUT....then the excitement begins to grow as the sand is brought around back....
....and someone decides that he should see to it that things be done right....

...."More to the right!!!"
Ahhhh. At last. Peace on Earth. 1 hour of sheer quiet, calm, FUN.



Now we have to figure out how we're going to keep this cover strapped down. With the Florida stormy season coming we don't want the box to fill with rain, or have the cover fly off with wind. And I have been warned now by a few people of snakes hiding in there. Yikes!
Dan did a wonderful job! Isaac loves it, and as you can see the others are happy with it too. But I guess you can guess who loves it the most? ME! Are you kidding? A single spot outdoors that they will stay put in with no argument! Its the best gift Dan could ever make! :)

5 comments:

  1. OMG - this sandbox is AWESOME!!!! This reminds me of the sandbox my Dad built for my brother and I when we were young. We spent so many hours playing in it!! I wonder if it's still at our old house in Ohio. Nice work Daniel!!!
    Love to you guys!! ~Auntie Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Way to build a great dig site Papa. Thought your forman did a great job of supervising too! I can just hear all of the sound effects with the trucks etc. I can see why Isaac didn't want you to go back to work on Monday. XOXO, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! Elsa would die of envy. I'm dying of envy, too, at the thought of an hour's distraction :)

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Sarah - I so wish Elsa could come play. Dan could sit outside and we could just sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a sandbox (before we put in the sportcourt), but we had to get rid of it because the neighborhood cats were using it as their litter box.

    ReplyDelete