Isaac's first Hand Turkey! I just had to make a hand turkey this year. I'm not sure what came over me, but I figured I would get some form of these from the years to come and thought it would be fun to have one from when he was only 1 year old so I could compare his little hand now to the ones he'll have in the future. I made one for his pappa, and also made Madisyn's hand print for her parents, too. It was a lot of fun and they LOVED having their hands traced.
Neil and Kathy "Mac" are my mom's neighbors and they just love Isaac, and the feeling is mutual. They invited us over to thier home for Thanksgiving dinner and as a surprise for Isaac they bought him a few toys to play with out on their patio. Isaac had a blast!
Our attempt for a family photo. Couldn't get Isaac to smile.
The best part of the weekend was having four days in a row just being lazy around the house in the morning. Its so rare that Dan or I don't have to leave early in the morning to go do something. Usually Dan has to work, or we're off to church for a service or a workday. This weekend we made NO plans, and Isaac was in heaven just cuddling his dad watching cartoons or Sesame Street in the early morning hours. That time was a great gift to all three of us!
We took Isaac to a toddler park on Venice Island on a cold Saturday morning. He RAN around the park for a full hour before.....
Another fun thing we did was cruise the mall with Gramma Sue. I can't remember the last time I'd even been to a mall, and Isaac had never been. He was immediately drawn to the firetrucks and cars in the middle of the mall that he could ride. (I ignored the sign that said for 3 year olds and up. Woops?!) Here he is riding like the wind!
GREAT update Em! Love the pics!! And you look so pretty on Thanksgiving!! Tell your Mom, Neil and Kathy we said 'hi'!
ReplyDelete-Stephanie
Thanks Steph! Its fun to have an excuse every once in a while to get dressed up! I'll tell them "hi" for you guys. :)
ReplyDeletelove it!!...I love reading your updates! and I loved your dress on Thanksgiving!! Aren't slow lazy mornings with husbands and babies the best?!?!?!
ReplyDelete