I have a snowman collection. Each year, when I pull them out, it feels as if an old friend is visiting for a cup of coffee. I love each one equally, as if they all have their own little personalities and can't wait to tell me about the last year spent inside that box with all the others. Because I have mobile little fingers (Isaac) they had to all be put in one place this year. I emptied my entire hutch to fit them all!
Top Shelf:
Middle Shelf:
Bottom Shelf:
My new 2009 Snowman!
Christmas Eve night we went to our church for an evening service. My mom came with us and after the service we drove around and looked at Christmas lights. We had to work on Christmas Eve this year so that was enough for us and we went to bed early!
I highly suggest moving your furniture on Christmas morning if your tree isn't in the living room. It was so nice to sit around the tree in the morning and relax!
We didn't expect that Isaac would truly understand the gift exchange, being that he's still a little young. WE WERE WRONG! Once he pulled the first piece of tissue paper he realized that there was something underneath it for him. I'm sorry to report that there aren't many pictures, because once he got going, things went fast and I could barely keep up! One thing is for sure: He was just as happy with a pair of sweats or a pair of socks as he was with his new toys. I pray he's always that way!
The first one.
His first Tonka truck.
And just like that its all over! I put the decorations away this morning and said goodbye to all my little snowman. I made sure they were nice and cozy for the year tucked away in rubbermaid bins. I think about December fondly and think that we'll always talk about this Christmas as one of our best, thanks to winning the tree, and (did I forget to mention?) the fact that Isaac slept through the night 3 nights in a row! We had many Christmas Miracles this year...from trees, to sleep, to gifts, to free vacuums, ..... it was all a blessing. The End.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Em,
ReplyDeleteI love how you showed your decorations to everyone. Your home was so cute and cozy.
Isaac really did get into it! I was so surprised at this age. He loved everything equally.
Love,
Gramma Sue
Thanks to your post, it feels like we were in Florida with you for Christmas again this year!! Looks like you had a great Christmas!!
ReplyDeleteLove, steph
We are late getting around to your Christmas pictures!
ReplyDeleteI love being able to peek in on your festivities.
You really did have a miraculous Christmas. The tree is awesome!!
God is good.
And I love it that every gift was appreciated by Issac!!!
We all have so much to be thankful for. And having two toddlers to share the holiday with made it a Christmas like no other! : )