Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 22, 2009

As Promised...

Okay. I guess if I wait until the house is completely put back together (according to my taste) I'll never post any pictures! I've been asked to share some pics of the "new old" house, mostly for those of you who have been here before and want to see what changes were made. We still have things to do, like hang some pictures, fix some painting things, and the usual small projects that come along with making a house a home. Here ya go!
The living room: Notice we sold our dining room table and made that front area Isaac's playroom. I call that area my "office".
We rearranged the couch position to make the room open up to the new dining area and kitchen which we are very happy with. Dan made that corner entertainment piece so we could get rid of the old larger one that held the TV on the other wall.
(I took this picture right before my mom's birthday party so that is why the table is all set. I'm not one of those girls that always has the table set like in a showroom!) Dan made that green cabinet, also...but a while ago. I love it!



Our upsairs loft: The piano is right to my left, that was the reason we had to arrange the office this way. Plus, we got that corner cabinet and filing cabinets as a "sorry you had Chinese Drywall" gift from our homebuilder. Dan made the desk to fit, again! I keep having him change it, but thats the beauty of making your own furniture. We have matching wall cabinets in the laundry room as well.
Our Master Bedroom: No more red stripe.

For those of you who came to stay at our house...your bathroom is no longer a tropical land of palm trees, but a jungle instead! Isaac won that since he's in that room every night!

The guest room: Ready for visitors! (Kind of...you see the pile of pictures on the chest that still need to be hung up?) Dan also made that chest!

Isaac's Room: This is a bit of a touchy subject. Not sure if you all remember the pictures of the long hours and work we had put into this room before he was born...but this was the painter's idea of "replicating" it. I know I'm picky about this, but the stripe in the middle of the room used to be the same brown as in the valance. Not to mention the blue and green colors are much brighter than the ones we had originally used. We are still debating what, if anything, we'll do to fix it. I do like it, but don't LOVE it like I used to. Isaac could care less and just loves having a nice big room again. :)



There you have it. Coming along! As said before...we're playing around with different ideas and still putting things back together, but we're HOME and very happy about it. Thats enough right there to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. We are just so happy that we didn't have to spend the holiday seasons in the rental house and that we can continue to make memories in our own house. Happy Thanksgiviving to you ALL! We love you!




















2 comments:

  1. Loving the updates to the place!! Seeing it this time of year makes me nostalgic for our Christmas together last year! We'll have to work that out again one of these years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks awesome. Soooo open downstairs now. Office, Isaac's room and the guest room look fantastic too. And, the cabinets look great!

    ReplyDelete