This was our first "official" spring break! Last year Isaac was in VPK, but only for 3 hours a day. So this felt much more like a vacation than last year! I was so excited to have Isaac home for the week, as was his brother who misses him so much everyday. I did my very best to make the week feel like a "staycation", making sure Isaac had the best time and homework free! Here are my favorite snaps from a great week.
We celebrated my dad's birthday on Sat night. I didn't seek out permission to post his candle photos, so here is proof of dessert. We had a great time with them!
Monday we went to the jetty and Micah and I played in the sand with nana.... It was way too chilly for swimming... even though Isaac disagrees. Here is Isaac with the whole gulf all to himself!
Venice is the "shark's tooth capital of the world"! We spent a few hours at the beach and when we got home he decided to fish in our backyard... and what did he find? THIS! That is one GIANT tooth (that is my hand!)
Tuesday we spent the whole morning with Josh at the pool. It was a tad warmer than the beach.
After a few hours of swimming and a picnic, it was back home for more fishing. This was Josh's catch, I think?
Jacques came by to teach the boys how to string the fish once they catch them. (Thank God for him, because there is no way I would touch those things. I'll cook fish, but not interested in catching them!)
This is a guilty pleasure shot for me... I am in love with Micah's ringlets and crazy hair.
Wednesday we had a play date at our house in the morning, then J came back over for some more fishing and to spend some big bro time with the boys.
Per Isaac's request, we all made our own homemade pizza's that night.
Dan got home just in time to see Isaac catch this beauty!
Thursday was great. Dan took a day off and we took the boys bowling. This was Micah's first time in a bowling ally. With his love of balls, it was a hit! And Isaac was pretty impressive! He got a strike with my 11 lbs. ball.
Look at those cute shoes!
Friday I had the chance to make up some bdays that I missed. Our friends Allison and Zachary both had birthday's, so we got together for gifts and lunch.
Saturday we took a picnic dinner to the beach for some fam time away from the house. The weather was great! The water is just starting to get warm enough for me... but not quite. ;)
Josh gave his old skim board to Isaac and he was determined to learn how to use it. There was a LOT of sand in his shorts, lets put it that way.
Buried alive! What? We needed a break. HA!
It was a great week! And Monday morning it was VERY sad for Micah as his entertainment got on the school bus. We have summer coming in only a few months!



Looks like a fantastic week!! We'd have to take out a loan to afford a vacation like that!! =) You are a wonderful mom, Emily! So glad Dad could take a day off to enjoy time as a family.
ReplyDeleteGrandma Carolyn