I have 3 months to catch up on! YIKES!!!! First things first...in February we dedicated Micah at church. Since Awaken Church launched in January, it was our honor to be the first family to dedicate a baby! Since Micah's dedication, many other babies have been center stage. Let me mention...we love our church! :)
After the dedication our closest friends who came to support us all went out for a lunch. The kids promised to behave and got their own booth. They were amazing! So well behaved and we all got tons of compliments from the other patrons in the place. It was a great day.
Move along to April and this is a photo of Isaac on a very serious egg grab. I have stopped calling them "hunts". They don't do that anymore. Its a DUMP of eggs and the kids race to fill their buckets. Its ridiculous to me, but the kids don't know any different so I act as if its the greatest thing ever! HA!
Our 2nd season of soccer started, too! Dan coached this season which was very fun for he and Isaac. This was his first practice. Down here, the kids can play soccer in the fall and the spring.
Just a cute bath picture!
My handsome baby on Easter Sunday!
We hosted Easter this year. Typically we do. I love Easter. Its my favorite holiday, actually. Christmas is a SEASON, which I love. But Easter is just 1 day and it has so much tradition and meaning. We had 9 people over this year and I loved using my gramma's china. I also have an abundance of palm trees in my yard so I wanted to make palm crosses. It was a breeze to do and I loved placing one in each napkin ring. A subtle, yet raw, reminder of what we were celebrating. Dinner was delicious and the company even better!
Now jump ahead to May 3rd! Micah turns ONE YEAR OLD!
**Newsflash! My dad and Peggy are in Florida! They have been having a great time playing with Isaac and getting to know Micah!**
This is hilarious...the "box" behind Isaac was the bday gift for Micah, however the wrapping itself was a gift for Isaac. Clever?? That would be Peggy for ya!
This was the gift inside the treats!
Micah's new water table!
So....Micah wasn't so sure about his hands and face dirty. Dan and Isaac (and my dad) thought it would be fun to join in the program. I have hilarious pics of Grandpa Dean doing this but I need to sign a waiver of my life if I post them. ;)
On May 4th, we had our closest friends over to celebrate Micah's bday. After that, I hosted a bday party for our dear friend, Lorraine! She and her family live outside of London, but they vacation here on our street. The party was a lot of fun and she has really nice friends. We miss her when she's gone!
Its no surprise to those that know me: I am not a "fan" of the baby stage. Now that Micah is running around we are having a blast. We play outside much more now that he's not on all fours eating everything off the ground.
Isaac is still the bestest and sweetest big brother I have ever seen.
Who watches the show "Gator Boys"? Well, Isaac thinks he could easily wrestle an alligator and always goes on hunts. Not sure what will happen when one actually comes up. That is why I'm always very close behind him.
The season went fast. They named themselves the Blue Sharks. Sweet kids.
Isaac scored 3 goals in his last game and played great!
My silly little boy.
Always very hard at work.
While this big, and hilarious, boy is always playing superhero!
***Project this month! We had this fence installed since Micah is quite a bit more wild than Isaac ever was! The grass had died (obviously) so we took the opportunity to really landscape the yard to please the kids and us! Here the before....
Here is the new yard. The adult patio is to the left and the fence is lined with red hibiscus. We used rubber mulch in the toy areas, etc.... We love it! And the boys are outside playing all the time, now.
OK. So this past Friday, May 31st, Isaac graduated from preschool! There was a big celebration and "concert" that the kids put on for all the parents. A brunch followed and then a bday party for the summer kids. Words can never express how much I loved his school. Not only did Isaac learn SO MUCH, they are the only program in our city that teaches the kids to read. He did an amazing job and is reading entirely on his own. He is doing 1st grade reading and math, and when tested for his Kindergarten class a few weeks ago, he was placed in the accelerated program. I know he is smart...but I seriously owe all of this to the dedication of his teachers. They were loving, yet very strict and orderly, and truly believe that children are capable of learning anything and everything. What an honor to be a part of that school all year long! Ok...you get it. We liked it. :) If you are local and looking for VPK...Venice Christian is GREAT!
Proud family moment!
Birthday boy for the day!
Incredibly nice gesture for the kids who have summer bdays!
Mrs. Bunton!
Mrs. Kurecki!
This is Isaac's PreSchool girlfriend, Mackenzie. By the end of the year, he had decided she's "the one to marry". I agreed - she's a doll!
First day of school on the left: Last day of school on right. Only 2 pounds and half an inch difference! BUT...the knowledge and experience was HUGE!
Some other news: Dan went through a ton of things with NAPA. In the end, and after quite a roller coaster, Dan has gone back to work in the construction industry, and has also restarted his business, HandyMan Dan! We are hopeful and excited that this new journey will be a huge blessing with many rewards.
Micah weighs 21.8 pounds. No idea how tall is. He has 8 teeth and loves to laugh and dance. He really misses Isaac when he is gone, so I'm glad its summer now. But kindergarten is full day down here so that will be tough!
Isaac is reading level 1 beginner books, is WAY in to superheros, and promises he will be a paramedic when he grows up. He loves to sing and entertain, play outside, swim, etc...
I am still selling Mary Kay and am very busy and active in our church. I have a ton of great friends that I get together with throughout the week while our kiddos play. We also host a Life Group every other Thursday night in our home. We have 8 families in that! We do a lot of hosting and have a lot of fun. Although I am trying to find a better balance so that we also get some much needed quiet family time, too.
We hope everyone is doing great!!! Happy Summer!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment