Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

This Thanksgiving was very quiet. And busy in that fun way, where you're just puttering around getting everything together, but having a good time instead of looking at the clock and trying to beat it. We went over to my mom's house for our traditional dinner, and I made my yearly batch of sweet potatoes and Dan made his family recipe of "from scratch" rolls. We spent the morning cooking and hanging out in P.J.'s while introducing Isaac to the Macy's Parade.
Isaac was wearing his undies, watching the parade, and fixing some things around the house that needed some of his attention.
This year's craft was a bit more elaborate than last years traced hand turkey. This year we were able to add glue and feathers!
The Turkey was delicious, as always!
And the company was just as good.


And when its a holiday - why not get the kid hyped up on sugar!? This was a first and I'm sure not the last. I got a squirt in myself!


We are always thankful, and every year there is something that makes you ESPECIALLY thankful. This year we're thankful for our health, and for Dan's great job that offers us medical insurance! I'm thankful that we spend little and gain a ton by me being able to stay home to raise this little man of ours. I know these days of staying home and mothering will be short in the length of our lives - so I thank God every day that I'm home hanging out and loving on him!
Hope you are all as thankful for your year as we are. And I hope you all had a GREAT Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment