Unfortunately I don't mean summer! After having Madisyn with us for 18 months, the time has come for this season to end. The long story short: There was an opening for Madisyn at the preschool that her parents were hoping to get her into - and the waiting list is usually 2 years. So? Off to the preschool she goes, and away from our home that has been hers as well. I am ok, thank you for asking. (haha) But, I won't lie - as much as I'm hopeful and excited for her, it is bittersweet to be saying farewell to this little "Madi-Pearl" as we call her. Today, the 31st of August, is her final day. The bonus? She and her family moved in across the street last May, so when I'm missing her I just need to walk the 20 yards to her house for a hug. Woo hoo!
Madisyn in March of 2009. Her first day with me.

I wanted to do something fun with the three kids as a "last hoorah". Elizabeth (Mallory's mom) and I took all three kids to the park on Friday. None of the kids understand that she's no longer going to be a part of our daily activities. But I'm sure tomorrow when Isaac and Mallory ask for her it will be a little sad when they finally realize their buddy isn't coming. They are so cute!

Cute, cute pics!! All the kids look so much older every day!!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful and happy looking kids.
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing to have been investing so much energy, love and creativity into three two year olds, Emily!!
I'm sure Madisyn will miss you. I'm glad she is a neighbor now. :)
Life will be a breeze with only two!! [Just kidding, of course!]
In 30 years you will wonder how you did it. ;)
I'm very proud of you.