Total Pageviews

Monday, June 14, 2010

Design on a Dime - Living Room/Play Room

I don't know if it is because I'm home all day, or if its because I watch too much HGTV, or if it was my impending 30th birthday, or just the fact that we are moved back in to a house that was no longer decorated for our lifestyle....but I was ready to change things up and finally decorate it. The process has started, and is about halfway done. Here is a picture of our living room BEFORE any changes so you can see.


My first idea was to take all the furniture that Dan has built for us and paint it all the same color with pattern, etc...so it looks like we own a set, and all flows together nicely. I picked some colors that I thought would go well with what already have. Here is the old hutch:

And here is the new hutch:

The old Stereo Cabinet:

The new stereo cabinet:

And for fun, I had to make the kids a matching stepstool!

We took a trip to Ikea and found these bookcases in a brown/black....making my life so much easier! A one-stop-shop for my cookbooks/books/papers/and TOYS!

And move some pictures, add a new rug...and an adult space!

3 comments:

  1. It looks so great!! You're right, that rug looks really good!! Nice work guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks AWESOME! Nice work guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that show DESIGN ON A DIME great?? You are becoming quite a accomplished student!! Everything looks great..you should be proud...and isn't it great having HANDY DAN around???
    Love ya,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete