Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The MONTH of October!

This is a BIG post!  Because a TON has gone on this month!  First I start with this:
 
Our snakes are back!!  This one is about 6 ft long and likes to bask in the sun on Isaac's soccer net.  I'm not thrilled, but its not a dangerous snake.  So I just say "hello".  (From the house.)

My baby is getting so big!
 We had a picnic and here is Micah just laughing at the tree branches above him.  He's 5 1/2 months old in this picture.  Cutie!

 
We thought we'd try something different this year and head up north a little bit to Fruitville Groves for their Pumpkin Festival.  Isaac had a blast!  I was hoping to get some cute pictures of BOTH the boys, but there was so much going on around us that I just couldn't get Micah to look at me and smile.  Here's what I got!




This was by far Isaac's VERY favorite part of the farm.  He is a tractor NUT!  He had a very difficult time getting off and I was nervous it would cause a huge meltdown.....but......
 

.....then he saw animals and he was OK to continue on.  HA!  Here is the funny part of this moment:  There were a ton of animals that you could feed.  Isaac tried to feed the goats, etc, and not one of them would come and eat from him.  We walked outside and there was this BULL clear across the field.  As soon as Isaac went out there (and yes others were already there), the Bull comes clear across the field and started eating right out of Isaac's cup, then hand.  I asked Dan if I should worried that the ONLY animal that was drawn to Isaac and that Isaac connected with ... was a bull.  ??  
 
 My boys!

 
The giant turtle that was literally trying to escape from the man that had him there.  Poor guy.
 
The "train" ride!
Goofy faces on adorable boys!
 Micah is starting to practice his crawling!!!  He's doing pretty well, but still gets very frustrated when he gets on his knees and then faceplants in to the carpet.  I think he resembles my dad in this picture.  Usually I see my mom in his smile, but this is my dad.  Its funny how much Isaac looks like Dan and Dan's side of the family, and how much Micah looks like me and my side!

I am sharing the "room mom" job with a couple other mom's from Isaac's class.  This past Friday he had his first "class party", which was a Harvest Party!  (No Halloween allowed!)  The party was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast.  So Isaac says it was a success.
 Snack Time!
 Setting up for craft #1!  Toilet paper pumpkins.  :)
 Here is the finished product.  Cute!
 Something fun that is happening now is ISAAC feeding Micah his lunch!  They both get a kick out of this.  Not sure who laughs more.
 This just cracks me up.  Saturday morning I turned on a Scooby Doo Halloween cartoon for Isaac to watch.  (TV is rare, DVD's are the usual)  Look at Isaac, holding Micah, but looking horrified at what he's seeing!  So funny!
 The church down the street had a "Carnival".  Lets just say, Isaac thought it was awesome, and Dan and I thought it was the fastest $15 and worst idea we could have spent it on.  Each ride required an adult (double the $) and each ride was no longer than 2 minutes.  What a joke!  But Isaac loved the 3 rides he chose and DID throw a fit when we left (after only 20 minutes).  Sorry kid.....one day you'll understand.
 Dan looks a bit uneasy about this version of the "teacups", and Isaac looks prepared to learn!

 Isaac's first Ferris Wheel! 
(Modern?  Um.  Does it look Modern to you?  It was making some pretty awful noises!)
 We are having a total of 3 days in the 70's!  That means its only 60 when we wake up.  Which means that Isaac and Micah got to wear pants!  I had to take a picture to prove it.
Okie Dokie!!!  That was our month!  There is ONE DAY LEFT.  And its HALLOWEEN!!!!!  I will post that this weekend, if not sooner.  I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Halloween!  Have fun and stay safe!  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You are a great photographer and an entertaining writer as well, Ems!! I laughed at each picture! The Harvest party looked so much fun. I'm glad that Scooby Doo was as scary as Isaac needed. The junk on TV is too ugly for ME!!
    Love the cute carnival, even if it was expensive. Lots of good memories. And you are right about the adorable boys. They are Gramma magnets! ;)xoxoxxo to you all.
    Gramma Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so absolutely delightful! I love every photo! This makes my day, my week, my month!

    I love you all!

    Grandpa Steve

    ReplyDelete