Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Crafts

I spend a lot of time coming up with fun and age appropriate things for these kids to do each week. I think crafts are so important...and there is something about winter that makes a crafty person go crazy. I was one of those people this year. I took on too much, too many ideas, too much stuff, too much mess. I hope the kids had fun because there were some projects that we took on that I'm not sure I'll ever want to do again! This one was a mess, but so fun, and one we'll do every year, I'm sure. Pinecone birdfeeders! And yes, we collected all the pinecones you'll see in this blog post while on "adventures" throughout the past month.

Carefully (and so seriously) applying the peanut butter.
Mallory LOVES a mess. Its her favorite thing. So to be given the go ahead to go wild she's in heaven. Here she is sticking the seeds onto her peanut buttered pinecone.
Isaac loved this mess because it tasted sooo good.
They got a bath after this one. But the birdfeeders were awesome and we're on the 3rd one right now because the 1st two were quickly gobbled up by our birds.

Cinnamon:: Applesauce:: Glue
Whoa. Sticky mess! This smells amazing so the mess doesn't matter. But mush it together like dough and use cookie cutters and you get a wonderful fragrant ornament for your tree or car!
My house smells amazing. They are hanging all over the place while they dry!
Never again: Pinecones::Glue::Glitter
This is a sticky DISASTER! Beautiful outcome for a handmade ornament, but almost not worth the clean-up. I almost cried while putting all the ribbons and bows on these cause my fingers kept getting stuck and glitter was everywhere! A bit overwhelming. Hahaha.
They got a bath after this one, too.


They have made something for Christmas almost every day this month. I should have taken a picture of all of them and posted them like an advent calendar. Maybe next year. ;)
I love having his homemade treasures and hope that Mallory has enjoyed being a part of a tradition I hope to carry on each and every year. Its nice to make things.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I wish I had some one like yo to watch my kids! How fun...and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete