Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summertime is here

"Hooked on Phonics" is working for him!  This summer I decided to get a head start on pre-school.  So far Isaac has finished the capital letters, and can write them all.  Now we are learning lower case (which is so much harder!).  This is a picture of his "path to success" of daily assignments.  (Free at your local library!)


The Richards Boys!

Baby smiles!

Father's Day:  Micah's first trip to the pool!  He's living the good life.

Loving it!

Micah was a little too small for this!  And Isaac was so excited he was in the pool too!

Happy Father's Day!!! 
(Today at the pool Isaac actually did a back flip from the side of the pool!  Crazy kid.)

Isaac got finger puppets in the mail from the Deans and performed shows for days.  His favorite story goes like this:  Mouse says to the turtle, "Do you have any cheese?"  Turtle responds, "Turtles don't have cheese!"  (tons of laughter)

Tropical Storm DEBBIE!  (just heavy rain here)
But....while the baby is sleeping after our store run............

Gooooo Isaac!  This is what rain is all about.

Soooo much fun.  So many kids were outside in swim suits playing this morning.

Best idea I've seen and stolen!  (Pinterest project)  I've been wanting to put up a giant bulletin board in Isaac's room since we remodeled it.  But have you seen the prices of those things?  Yikes!  Then I had visuals of thumb tacks on the floor and either stabbing Isaac's foot or being swallowed by a soon-to-be crawler.  This is awesome!  It is an oil drip pan!  Lightweight, sold at auto parts stores, (which I have a very good connection at!), $13.00, and magnetic!  Now Isaac and I are both happy and he's been busy on our rainy day organizing his post cards, pictures, and artwork.


Working hard to keep this busy kid busy while Dan is busy with work and school and the baby is busy eating, sleeping, and growing.  I'm not busy at all.  HA!  Hope everyone has had a nice start to their summer.

3 comments:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed reading all this! LOVE the "playing in the rain"...we did that so much in SD. Bring on the puddles!!!! Glad all is going well....except for that little surgery thing.... Always good to read your updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. carolynrichards67@gmail.com

    I'm glad to know you have only had rain in this stormy forecast.
    Micah has grown so much and Isaac looks more mature. I'm sure you have lots of time to yourelf! Ha! I love the bulletin board idea. Very clever, Momma. : )
    Love to all!!
    Gramma C

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pin board idea is BRILLIANT. Totally stealing it! Where did you get magnets and what kind?

    ReplyDelete