I do not allow for Nintendo games or video games to come out in my house.....unless of course Isaac and Mallory are sound asleep and I think the boys need a "rest" of their own. My rule for the parents: They can bring them hidden in a bag and if I think its permitted for 30 minutes than ok. Otherwise, sorry....This is what happened when the 2 older boys were given the go-ahead! Ugh. Its a battle I'm sure I'll have with Isaac one day.
What a bunch of wild kids with amazing spirits! Tiring, yes. But wonderful!
Isaac and Morgan and I went to a local park one morning. We heard sirens, turned around, and all of a sudden we're surrounded by this.
I thought it was a great learning experience! We had fun watching all the fire trucks and ambulances come in to the park, but then we realized that a brush fire had started in the park we were playing in. I figured we could stand in the parking lot and watch and I had big ideas of the perfect "teaching moment". Well. Huh. I was wrong!
The flames QUICKLY started to surround the playground and the firemen that were standing there trying to get the hoses out and it went from "cool" to "scary", with both boys yelling and frightened. Honestly I was getting fearful, too. We had a police officer move a truck and help us evacuate out of the back of the park. Maybe the fire department (with no flames) would have been better? Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment