Total Pageviews

Monday, July 12, 2010

Design on a Dime - Dining Room

Thank you (you know who you are) for our new dining room! I finally finished the painting this weekend and thought you should see what your donation/birthday gifts accomplished! :)

BEFORE
Baseboards off....Isaac doing his favorite part to help in the clean-up

This was WAY more work for Dan than I thought it would be. I am so blessed to have such a handy husband - but this took Dan almost 12 straigt hours. Our walls were not 90 degree angles making this a LOT of sawing on his part. He really did a great job!

Here it is! All painted, re-caulked, trim back on and re-painted, too! I love that I'm using my collection of stars together now, too.

I love our whole downstairs, now! I think it looks so pretty, especially with the new backsplash. I also added some valances to the windows in the living room and now we're officially DONE! YAY!
(Peggy: You are right - the beadboard is a never-ending-painting-project)

4 comments:

  1. The beadboard looks AMAZING. Love the stars, too. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! We did some painting as well this weekend, but who knows when the room will ever be "finished." I love the color you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with everyone else. I love the beadboard and the stars!! And I love your colors in the dining room!! So classy!
    Good work, Dan. It sounds like it took a while, but it looks beautiful.
    You two are a good team! :)

    ReplyDelete